Well and pump set up

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notalotofinfo

Reaction score
I have a well that i want to use for irrigation. I am going to set it up on an automatic timer to do the yard. I am losing prime when I shut of the pump (needles to say that wont work with a timer.)

I have one line with a valve going to the back yard and one going to the front.

If I shut of the valves first I dont lose prime when I turn the pump off. If the valves are open I do lose prime. What do I need to get? A check valve or something? Needless to say I am not a Plumber

Your username says it all. Not a lot of info.

I would need to know about your well. Size, depth to water, does it have droppipe or just a check valve at the pump etc. Pictures help a lot too.

LOL 1"1/4 drop pipe down 50 ' with a checkvalve

That's it, that's all you know about it? 1-1/4" drop pipe down 50' in what, with what on the end, check valve where? What kind of pump, how many pipes from pump to well, casing diameter.

If you want help, you have to help us.

Bring it to Riverview, Fl. Then call me for further instructions.;)

SB....Please don't forget the obligatory Plumbing Forum tithe when you receive this box o' money!

Oh, I wouldn't think of it. If the box is big enough, I don't mind sharing at all.

Latest posts

Back