The Newest Greatest thing for plumbers!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone works by themselves I recommend you check out the TST! You don't need any extra help to install, remove or transport a toilet. It also saves you from back strains.

I see. Because it was posted to promote the product I feel that it is only fair to share my opinion. Based solely on the video:
1.) The DIYer would love this product. Once...or twice if they ever need it.
2.) If I were to bumble around like the goof that was trying to install the toilet on the video I would have to question if I'm in the right vocation.
3.) If I install or reseat 12 toilets in a year is it worth the cost? Probably not.
4.) Are toilets really that much of a hassle? The extra tool, assemble the tool, attach the tool, remove toilet, remove tool, assemble new toilet, attach tool again, etc. Nope.
5.) Lift with your legs not your back.
6.) Would be wonderful for installing Kohler One Piece toilets with the wide bowl, such as the Rialto, because you can't see the bolts/flange. But that is the only toilet that I can think of that would ever need two people help on the install.
7.) Great idea but I don't see how it really simplifies the install. If you have to transport the toilet on anything other than a smooth floor, the apparatus is just in the way. You still have to remove it to go up or down stairs or anywhere else for that matter.
I guess a demand could be created because the tool exists, but was there a call for something to make life easier before it was invented?
My score on a scale of 1-5 stars: 2 stars.

Sorry. Change my vote to 0 stars. Zero stars because for $259.99+shipping/handling they can kiss my pale Irish...you get the picture. So smns22 gets how much on commission for each unit sold?:mad:

Reactions: SHR
Nope, no commission...don't I wish?? My uncle is a millwright and he uses this tool quite a bit. He works by himself and I know it has saved him a lot of time and I've seen the thing work. My brother also has alot of good things to say about it.
I was was just passing along the word in the hopes to help. That's all. :)

Sorry, my response was influenced by emotion when I saw the price tag. I should not have directed that at you.
A conversation with a few plumbers today resulted in mixed opinions, especially when it comes to price. Today I worked in a home where 7 toilets needed to be installed. My apprentice is familiar with a similar 'toilet truck' that he used with his uncle and when presented with the option to use it today he said that it would actually slow our progress and wouldn't be useful for the installations. It was explained that the best use for it would be in a large commercial/apartment construction project, but cheaper methods as well as time efficient mechanics would be more practical. Maybe some more input from those that have used it.
Again, sorry for the rude commentary in my previous post,

I agree, this is not needed. A drill pump to pump the toilets water into the Tub drain weighs lass than a half a pound.... no spillage. If there are "things" in the toilet then a shop vac, again no spillage.

drill pump $5, shop vac $50

to move it is easy, especially after its empty... a garbage bag ensures nothing remaining ( wax seal, or leftovers ) gets onto anybodys carpet or such during removal.

if we're talkiing commercial construction then there are plenty of young apprentices' with strong backs to move em around. and if I bought this I'd need at least one of em to sweep in front of the Small Castor wheels on it to make sure I dont get hungup on a screw, nail or such.

my 2c

seen this before, NOT for me... i simply lift it, set it down on cardboard, and reset... this product looks like to much drama for me.. maybe for some really old man with alot of time to get the job done.

I agree. I bring the pan in , set it , then attach the cistern. From start to finish in about 30 mins.
Including the cistern cock .

I guess if someone was an older guy , general handyman witha bad back ..It might work.

Useless equipment. But I do agree with Caduceus that something is needed for Kohler Rialto toilets so that one person can easily remove, reset or carry them. Better yet, how about just making Rialtos illegal to sell or install. Rialtos are one of the worst things Kohler has ever made. And that is really saying something.

It would take longer to remove the seat and install the thing then it takes to pull and reset the toilet. As far as new construction most of us set the bowl first then install the tank. Another piece of worthless junk.

John

Looks good on paper, but how long is it going to take to set that thing up? By the time you get that deal hooked up to a Water Closet I will have allready got a shop vac to suck up all the water and carried out the old Water Closet and started installing the new.

here is a product while on the topic of helpful products. It is called a toilet cushy. I stumbled on to this when looking for something to stop the loud slamming noise of the toilet seat being slammed down by family members. Not only that but it helps stabilize the seat so those pesky toilet seat screws don't come loose. The website is toiletcushy.com I am amazed at how simple and great this product is.

Meh, Impractical for most. But i guess its a good thing to know that if i ever lose one of my arms, i can still set toilets.
I have to admit, after reading the title, i feel slightly dissapointed.

6.) Would be wonderful for installing Kohler One Piece toilets with the wide bowl, such as the Rialto, because you can't see the bolts/flange. But that is the only toilet that I can think of that would ever need two people help on the install.

So the first ever toilet I replaced was a Kohler One Piece. As a DIY'er I had no idea until I read your post that it was practically the only one piece toilet where you can see the bolts. I had picked that toilet because of a shelf/counter that extended over the tank so height was at a premium and I was thinking to myself how plumbers must be magicians for knowing where to freaking place this thing. Given it is a one piece it was heavy + confined with shelf, etc, made this quite the ordeal. Subsequently I've done two piece toilets for cost and ease (and likely will continue -- due to cost) but all along I thought all piece ones were like that so I avoided them. Haha :confused: :D

I could see using that on a big commercial job like a foot ball stadium..with toilet after toilet
NO, wait..those are carrier mounted. flush valve type, never mind. just more crap to haul around
i could use it to move stuff around in the shop. oh, never mind. i have a dolly

i have an old bed frame, some casters and a welder..i can make one for less than 20 bucks

Latest posts

Back