kitchen remodel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erndog02

Reaction score
Hi I just found your site thru houserepairtalk and thought I would share. I am renovating a house that went thru 2 foreclosures before I got it. I found this sink abandoned in a farmyard. Thru research on the stampings on it, found the sink was made in the 1930's out of ceratherm probably for a lab type use. The thing weighs around 300 lbs. So I decided to design my new kitchen around it. So far so good. In the spring will do concrete counter tops to finish things off.

d.jpg

b.jpg

j.jpg

kitchen update 014.jpg

kitchen update 016.jpg

That's really neat, I like it when people can utilize something like that into a build of somesort. It will look really nice once you get the counter tops done. What color are you going to go with in the concrete?

You did a really good job. I like how your were able to match your wall faucet to your kitchen sink also. Great job!!! On another note, what kitchen faucet are you using and what finish is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job! The wall mount faucet has unusual handle positions.
Did you know that the Yestermorrow Design/Build School [yestermorrow.org] in Waitsfield, Vermont has a 2 day hands-on course in Concrete Countertops (among many other great courses)? Next one is July 13-14.

Very cool. I would have tried to mount the sink so its rim was below the countertop, but that probably would have ruined the "country sink" look. Looks like you'll be able to seal the countertop-sink gap with the concrete OK, though. Fine Homebuilding had a very good article on concrete countertops a while back, and I know I've seen a bunch of stuff on the Web about that. Looking forward to next year's pictures.

Latest posts

Back