Relocating Toilet in Cement Slab

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjs28

Reaction score
I need to move my toilet about 12" to accommodate a larger shower.

See attached picture. The green circle indicates the new location of the toilet. The red line indicates the existing drain line. My question is whether I have to run a new line all the way to the cleanout (see blue line) or if I can just meet up with the existing drain at an angle (see yellow line). The reason I ask is that obviously, the less concrete I have to cut through and replace, the better.

By the way, the existing drain seems to be well below the slab...so that would lead me to believe that I do have room to maintain a slope when I extend it.

Thanks in advance.

toilet.jpg

Looks like you have a good plan. You may have to move that ellbow downstream a bit to get a 45 degree angle. Unless you use a 60

I never got around to uploading a picture of the drain after it was moved. Here it is.

drain.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you did a great job! Did you ensure to put the proper pitch in the line since it was moved? You want to ensure that you don't have any bellies in the line when you get done.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I put plenty of pitch in the line. It's been 2 years without any problems so I think it's okay.

Back