Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Toilets and Sinks > No mid temp at faucet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
pickngrin

Default No mid temp at faucet

Installed a new price pfister perisa kitchen faucet. -About $170.00 item or so, not the cheapest available. Now we have either full hot or full cold.
Its a single handle model. If the handle is straight in the middle, and we move it 1/8 to the right, thats 55 degree water.....if we move 1/8 inch to the left, thats now 115 degree water. so we get about 1/4 inch play in which to attempt to dial in a usable temp for washing dishes. The old cheap faucet did not do this, well, maybe a little, but we lived with it 26 years, this new one is intolerable.
The other home faucets are OK. Home water pressure is about 80 to 90 pounds, water tank is about 115 to 120. I'm thinking this is an inferior mixing valve...is there anything that can be done?
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
johnjh2o

Liked 333 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Call price pfister and tell them the problem your having. If there as good as Delta they will send you what you need to correct the problem free of charge.
800-732-8238
John

Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
pickngrin

OK thanks.......I have since noted, at full open (flow) it performs reasonably. but if you get a nice working temp at full flow, and attempt to throttle down the flow...you're going to get scalded.
I'll try that number John
Thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
pickngrin

The manufacturer will send me new parts at no cost to me...I dont know what these parts are and do not have an explaination....but...I have trained my family to always use full flow, and it works OK. If you dont put the water on FULL, you have no temp control, just too cold or too hot. So, we waste water, but we are not getting scalded anymore.
Just seems funny I can find nobody else in the world who has had this same issue...If price pfister has, they ain't talk'in.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
johnjh2o

Liked 333 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Did you call price pfister? I'm sure that if you call them and explain the problem your having they will help you solve it.

John

Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
Caduceus

Liked 191 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 112

It happens to the best of them, pickngrin. It's good to hear that they are sending replacement parts to you.
I guess it falls under the adage "Man is fallible and all things created by man are, therefore, fallible."
That's why plumbers have insurance. We are responsible for manufacturer defects and the insurance company goes to the manufacturer for compensation if there is a serious problem. Even the most minute defect in the product could cause a change in it's performance or a failure.
I only say this because you sounded skeptical as to if the customer support was hiding something because you found no other similar situations from other sources.
The "fallibility" concept has given me some serenity when dealing with customer service representatives in a variety of circumstances (especially when they served my wife an obviously burned fish sandwich at the restaurant last night) and I hope it does the same for you.
Hope the new parts work out and let us know.

Quick Reply