Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Double basin sink water backup problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
iamyourdemize

Default Double basin sink water backup problem

Hello! I just installed a new garbage disposal (new install, not a replacement) and now water backs up into either side when draining a basin. Normal operation and normal flow of water from the faucet does not cause it to backup. I am assuming it has to do with how a set up my piping. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

All piping up to and including the wye adapter is new. The tube coming from the nipple was clear when I put everything together so I do not think it is a clog.

I attached two pictures showing what it looks like. This is/was my first time doing anything like this some the more details the better. Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
kreemoweet

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Your piping is fine. You do have a clog. Or underesized drain piping in the wall. Probably both.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply