Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Can someone recommend which 50gal indirect water heater to get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
JohnDS

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Can someone recommend which 50gal indirect water heater to get?

I see a lot of options and i do not know which one to get. I narrowed it down to a 50gal. Are some better than others?

Side note: I purchased a vandelized home and the boiler and 50gal indirect water heater was left behind but all piping was stolen. I got new boiler but debating whether or not to use this water heater. It has been sitting with cut open pipes for atleast 2 years. Home was built in 2000 so it may be 13 years old, not sure when it was purchased. What are your thoughts on it possibly being outdated and needing to be cleaned, how to clean if worth keeping? Would it be less efficient cause it may be old? Also what is your recommendation for new? Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
johnjh2o

Liked 339 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 220

It may be a good time to replace it. Amtrol-Boilermate is one of the main manufactures.
http://amtrol.com/boilermate.htm

John

Old 11-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
JohnDS

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yea i checked out that site thanks. I guess they dont sell 50gal indirects. But the problem is that there are about twenty 41gal indirects on that site and i do not know which one to choose. Is 41 gal enough, which one? I read on the internet that the gallons on indirects really hold less. So if you are filling up a 40gal tub you will not have enough hot water with a 40gal tank cause it really holds somewhere between 30-40 gals.

I dont know. I have a 2 full bath house. Both have regular tubs. 1 dishwasher and washing machine. 2 adults(one of which takes long showers) living in house, and a child occasionally on weekends.

Last edited by JohnDS; 11-28-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply