Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Septic Tanks > Help with American Drip system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
jamielarsonr2r
Septic service/repairman

Default Help with American Drip system

Hey guys-
Need some suggestions on thawing frozen drip zones on a 3 zone American Drip system. With the extreme cold and now a couple warmer days the freeze line in the ground has gotten considerably deeper. I have attached a drawing also if that helps. The lines I'm not even sure if they are frozen. The lines that go out from the hydraulic assembly to the header pipe will not take any water(or salt brine), even under pressure. Presuming those are where the problem begins. Air relief valves at the front of the drain field were full of ice. I need to get this resolved somehow. Spent nearly eight hours on it today with no results. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
IFIXH20
HERE TO HELP

Liked 178 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Probably start by opening the supply lines just after the pump to see if water pressure is there, if so, reattach lines then open lines close to the zones to check for water pressure. If no pressure supply lines may be frozen. If you have pressure reattach lines then open return line close to zones to check for water return water. If no water your zones may be frozen. With out being on site this would be my process of elimination. Check all check valves that's on that side of the system.

Last edited by IFIXH20; 01-15-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
jamielarsonr2r
Septic service/repairman

Hey thanks. I've gone through those steps. I have pressure out from the hydraulic unit to the first set of air relief valves which are under a lid. From there to the header pipe I have no flow and no flow on the return. So my guess at this point, being day 3 of this mess, is that the supply lines to the header pipe and the zones are frozen. Seems that we will be building a warming tent today. Both of the frozen drips I've been working on this week are in yards that the homeowner has aerated heavily.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
IFIXH20
HERE TO HELP

Liked 178 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Ouch... How deep are the supply & return lines ?

Quick Reply